Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Better Late Than Never

Ok, I have been really busy lately between work and my part time job of gathering paperwork. To bring you up-to-date, on Dec 2, we had our interview with our social worker, Flora. It went great. I do not know what I was so nervous about. On Dec 9, I met Flora at Starbucks for my 1-on-1 interview which also went well. Dec 12 Jimmy met with Flora for his interview. In the mean time, I recieved a call from Alex at IAG. He sent us a packet of information to complete and return to him. It was basically the same stuff when had to gather for our homestudy, we just had to do it twice.

This past weekend we made a quick trip to Jacksonville to suprize Mary Ann for her birthday. See more pictures at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aloz8799/album?.dir=/mail&.src=ph

Not to waste anytime, I took paperwork with me and ended up mailing in our INS 600-A form to Atlanta on Saturday. When we arrived home, Flora had sent in her "draft" of the homestudy. I was kinda nervous reading it, but as it turned out, we are just two normal people who want to adopt a child from Russia.

Since this week is pretty hectic with Christmas and all and I am off next week, I will finish the majority of the paperwork and mail out our 2nd application to IAG since I now have a draft of the homestudy. We will go an apply for passports next week as well. So far, we have spent approximately $2,200 and haven't even signed the adoption agreement yet! I am remaining positive and have faith that we will rasie enough money. I am considering getting a part time job to help out, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

No comments: