Thursday, December 29, 2005

Home Study...Done!


Yesterday, I spoke with Flora, our social worker and we are to meet for coffee tomorrow to finish up with the home study. Also, yesterday I gathered all our information for the second application to IAG and mailed it off. Wheuh! Now we wait. Yuck. To be quite honest, I am a little nervous now. What will they think of us? Did I send them everything I needed? I just need to take a chill pill :)

Mary Ann came on Monday and spent a few days with us. It was nice since we do not get to see her that often. We went to Bellingrath's Magic in Lights on Tuesday night and had a great time using our new digital cameras Jimmy's parents got both of us for Christmas. I haven't mastered the camera yet, but I am getting better. I am so excited that we have a camera now to capture our adoption journey with.

So for the rest of my week off, I am going to start filling out as many grant applications that I can find. Jimmy found a website that offered money to people adopting. (It can't hurt to try!). Tomorrow, Jimmy and I are going downtown to register for our passports, which ought to be interesting. Still haven't decided on the part time job yet. I wanted to get all of our paperwork out of the way before I thought about it any further. It has been a part time job getting the paperwork together anyway! Let me know what y'all think. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Have a Happy New Year! Anita

No comments: