Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Second Year Checkup

Emma went for her 2nd year check up today with her peditrician. Scattered brain me forgot to take the camera, but I am kinda glad I didn't. She cried the entire time. She definitely knows now that the doctor's office is the place she goes to get shots. It didn't matter that I told her she wasn't getting any today. She still clutched to my neck the entire visit with her doctor. Here are her stats...



Height - 33 1/4 inches 50% percentile

Weight - 30.4 75% percentile

Head - 47 1/4 inches



According to the doctor, she is way ahead in learning which is why she is getting so frustrated so often. She was surprised when I told her she knew all her body parts, all shapes and all colors. Here is her milestones according to Babycenter.com



24 months
• Names at least six body parts• Half of speech is understandable• Makes
two- to three-word sentences
• Talks about self• Arranges things in categories• Can
walk down stairs
• Begins to understand abstract concepts (e.g., sooner and later)• Becomes attuned to gender differences• Learns to
jump

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S OUR EMMA! YA'LL ARE DOING AN OUTSTANDING JOB WITH HER!!!
KIM

beth ewing said...

impressive. we can name the body parts but shapes and colors are still completely foreign to us. harvard here she comes.