Friday, January 27, 2006

Meet Baby Emma!


Here's the big suprise...

On January 11, at 4:00 I received a phone call from my OBGYN's office. I had called them a few weeks back to have them sign off my medical evaluation for the international adoption. Dr. Dawkin's nurse, Sherry, wanted me to know if we were interested in a domestic adoption that would take place before the end of the month. Not only that, but it would take place here in Mobile, AL. That's when my world turned a 180 degree turnabout. To make a very long story short and a worldwind of 13 days, we welcomed Emma Catherine in our world on January 24 at 12:44 pm. She was 6 lbs, 8 ozs and 20 inches long. She is absolutely beautiful and also very healthy. I will post the picture album later but here are a few for everyone to see. I know you are all as shocked as we were and probably a little upset we didn't announce our little bundle of joy right away, but I am sure you probably understand our reasons for waiting. We came home yesterday. Mom and dad left sometime around 5 pm and Jimmy's parents are here helping us now (Thank God). I got some much needed sleep last night which was wonderful! Well let me get off the computer and give Emma her first bath. Check back soon for more pictures...Anita

2 comments:

Dad said...

Emma is absolutely beautiful! We are so happy for you and Jimmy. You have been in our thoughts and prayers for some time now. Always look to the Lord in guiding you with this precious little one. (Stacie's Mom and Dad)

Dad said...

Emma is absolutely beautiful! We are so happy for you and Jimmy. You have been in our thoughts and prayers for some time now. Always look to the Lord in guiding you with this precious little one. (Stacie's Mom and Dad)